Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 ( ERP)
Microsoft Dynamics™ AX (formerly known as Microsoft Business Solutions - Axapta) is a customizable, scalable and global Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solution that supports connectivity with your business community and provides you with a fast and powerful way to gain competitive advantage. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 is a comprehensive business management solution for mid-sized and larger organizations that works like and with familiar Microsoft software to help your people improve productivity.
Role Centers in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 are personalized home pages that are based on an individual’s role within the organization. Role Centers present job-specific information and enhance personal productivity by helping people Prioritize their work and focus on the most relevant information and tasks. Role Centers are based on Microsoft SharePoint technology, so they are accessible through the Microsoft Dynamics AX client or by using Enterprise Portal in Microsoft Dynamics AX, which further enhances flexibility and control.
- Personalize information and reconfigure your Role Center based on work preferences or current business needs.
- Developers can create and customize Role Centers to fit your industry or unique roles within your organization.
- Access current ERP data or information from other applications, such as an agenda, a document library, or community site news items from the Role Center.
Familiar User Interface
Microsoft Dynamics AX includes an enhanced user interface, which includes a Navigation Pane to present menu functionality with support for creating favorite links; Area Pages and List Pages; a Bread Crumb Bar, and an Action Pane. In addition, travel buttons allow you to navigate backwards and forwards through the Area Pages and List Pages that the user has navigated to during the session. In addition, you can quickly export data with the Export to Excel option on the List Pages, and access grids and new filter capabilities on the Filter Pane. Global search helps users find data in Microsoft Dynamics AX more easily.
System Configuration, Security, and User Management
All of the functionality of Microsoft Dynamics AX is installed when you perform the initial implementation, regardless of which modules you have chosen to license. When you first implement the solution, you will get a series of license keys, based on the modules you have licensed. Each license key opens a set of system and user configuration options, and you can choose the specific functionality you need by simply turning on the appropriate configuration options. Any functionality you don’t need to license remains hidden until the moment you need to unlock it. Just enter the license key for the new functionality, and it will appear throughout the system.
The simple configuration architecture of Microsoft Dynamics AX leads to faster implementation, lower implementation and maintenance costs, lower upgrade costs, and a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
Microsoft Dynamics AX contains a module to set-up user group security and add users to these groups to inherit security settings.
Microsoft Dynamics AX requires a database for data storage. Your company’s business information is stored in a single database. The simplicity of this all-in-one architecture can result in easier maintenance and upgrades and lower TCO. By using a single database, the solution eliminates the need for database synchronization and reduces the risk of data corruption.
Alerts in Microsoft Dynamics AX helps people across your organization quickly and easily create alert rules that deliver automatic notifications of changes and events that are critical to their jobs. For example, users can receive notification when a customer record has been created or deleted, when a purchase order has been open for more than a certain number of days, or when a job is marked as complete.
- Monitoring by pre-defined dates, including the number of days before an event occurs, the specific date it occurs, or the number of days after the event occurs
- Monitoring by changes to records, specific fields, or set value
- Conditions filtering so that alerts appear only when certain conditions are met, such as when a purchase order is created for a particular vendor group
- Flexible delivery through a dedicated View Alerts inbox, pop-up windows in Microsoft Dynamics AX, or as e-mail messages in Microsoft Office Outlook
- Fast access to Alerts details, including the time of the alert, the reason for the alert, and the before and after values of a change
- Create alert rule templates based on specific needs and define an HTML or Extensible Style sheet Language Transformation (XSLT) to merge alert data into an e-mail message
- Remote access capabilities using Enterprise Portal
- Easy configuration with embedded workflows based on Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation
- Automatic approval processes for specific documents, such as purchase requisitions and expense reports
- The ability to configure business processes using out-of-the-box workflow templates for General Ledger,
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Trade and Source, Project Accounting, and Expense Management
- Sequence task and approval workflow elements to establish workflow processes
- Safe limits offer the ability to designate a single approver, multiple approvers, a majority or percentage of approvers or a first-line manager
- A centralized work list shows the workflow tasks and approvals assigned to users in their Role Center.
Automate business processes and improve productivity by helping your people manage and track key business events. With Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2009, people across your organization can create and standardize workﬂows and set alert rules that deliver automatic notiﬁcations for critical tasks and actions.
Enterprise Portal in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Open your business to employees, customers, vendors, and other business partners around the clock. Enterprise Portal in Microsoft Dynamics® AX makes it easy to provide RoleTailored data and business processes in real time over the Web, with full support for intranet, business-to-consumer, and business-to-business communications.
Based on Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Services, Enterprise Portal enables you to drive down costs by decreasing paperwork and empowering people to access information, processes, and tools. For example, customers can view company and product information, reducing the need for customer service people to respond to common questions and demands. Vendors can work efficiently with your business by initiating transactions electronically and communicating in their language of choice.
Microsoft Dynamics™ AX – Editions